Monday, December 01, 2008

Irritating Words

The play was... Better than expected, but still pretty damn bad. Everyone else seemed to think it went well though (in the cast anyway) so I joined in the cheering and stuff.
It's odd; I'm experianced enough on stage not to get nervous before a show. Even in these situations, where I could predict it'd go wrong. But I was still calm as anything. Everyone else was pissing themselves or running up and down or sitting in a heap biting their nails.

The show itself went fine. All the problems that happened where fixed. Mostly by Mike and I. Then when it was over and I was changed back and everything my family started telling me how it wouldn't of been a show without me, that I saved it and blah blah blah shut the hell up. I'm not even that good an actor. All that happened was that I didn't panic. A cast is a team, a team. If we make mistakes, it's not, for example, Ross's fault (though it normally is) its the casts. And as a team, we have to get him out of the problem. It just really annoys me, because them saying how good I was tonight puts pressure on me for tommorow. Whatever, its all good.

There is one thing I noticed tonight though. About a week ago, everything got on top of me and I just sat there all night with a wobbling lip realizing I was out of my depth. Then I realized, by this time wednesday, it'd all be over. However tonight, when thinking about it, it won't be. Mr. Torrent still wants me to save the choir, Mrs. Gower wants me to coach the science team, there will still be homework I haven't done...

But that's the way life works. Thats the way my life works. If it didn't, I wouldn't be who I am. I'm always rushed off my feet. Maybe not as rushed off my feet as I have been in November; but there is always something I haven't done. It's what makes me tick though. I guess the only thing I need to do is pencil in more time for the friends I've been sort of neglecting recently.

No comments: